Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bye bye clouds, hello fuzzy pictures.

Jupiter
Well the clouds finally went away for a night.  I was able to break out the Cannon DSLR and try my hand at astrophotography. I now have a new found appreciation for some of the images that that other armature astronomers have taken.


Things that I learned from my first session of photographing the stars and planets.


1. My hands shake allot. I had to set the camera on a 2 second delay so I could push the button and take my hands off the camera and scope.


2. Any movement no matter how small is huge when photographing something that is over 588.5 million km from Earth.


3. The amount of light we see through the scope is amplified by the camera.  I had to play with the exposure time and shutter speed to the shot of Jupiter above.


Jupiter and its 4 largest moons
with to much exposure.








Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment