Thursday, January 20, 2011

Are thoes ice cycles hanging off the moon?

The temperature was somewhere around 29 degrees.  The sky was clear, and tonight was a full moon.  After reading countless blogs what are the best settings for taking photos of the moon and other planets,  I really wanted to try it out again.  I put on two jackets, a pair of gloves and set up the scope and camera. 

I was able to find the software that lets you control the camera from a computer.  This let me snap the photos and do other adjustments without shaking and bumping the scope around. 

I also learned how to fine tune the exposure times so that objects like the moon are not to bright.  When using the camera to look at the moon through a 2X barlo lens I can see quite a bit of detail. This however leave me with small chopped up pictures of the moon.  I took several of these pictures making sure to cover the entire moon and used paint.net to stitch them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment